Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday!

One week ago I read a friend's blog. This is an excerpt from it:

So, I’m going to start a list of thankfulness. A journal of joy. A bundle of blessings. Every Thursday that I can get here. Because thanksgiving is the heartbeat of joy. Don’t believe me? Give it a try. I dare you. I double dog dare you. If you take the time to focus on the positive in your life, it’s impossible to not feel hope in your heart. (Mudane Musings)

I decided to take her challenge! I have so much to be thankful for! Big things as well as little things. Joy truly is contagious.

1. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband. He is amazing. He treats me like a queen and he makes me laugh. I love hanging out with him. He has made so many sacrifices for me (our whole family). He is a great father to his kids and a marvelous grandpa! If you don't believe me, let me give you an example! A couple of years back on a cold and rainy day Jason was on grandpa duty, caring for Hannah and Abbie. I came home and found them in the family room...playing with sidewalk chalk, drawing beautiful pictures on my carpet! I about had a heart attack! I said, "What are you doing?" My little Hannah looked up at me and said, "Grandpa said it is too cold and rainy to play outside so he said we could use the chalk inside!" At that point I turned and gave him my "I cannot believe that you just let them do this" look. He then informed me that it was just chalk and it would vacuum up! lol..it did. This year Alex needed a football coach for the 6th grade league in our town and Jason signed right up! It was a great football season and now they are already planning for 7th grade football!

2. I have great kids! What started out as three kids multiplied to seven. I am proud of them. The bible says in Proverbs 31:28  that her children will rise up and bless her. They definitely bless me. There is something about being a parent...you pray for them when they are little and you continue to pray for them when they are adults. My goal was for each of them to serve Jesus to their greatest ability. You rejoice in their great times and cry with them in their hard times. I know that God is faithful. I am so thankful that they love each other. I love it when they are all home together and the lilt of laughter can be heard throughout our home!

3. I love my church family! We planted a new church this year. Our church family is such a great group of real people. They are easy to love! They love Jesus and have a heart for others. We are excited to see what God has in store for us this year!

4. I am thankful for new adventures! On Facebook we have the Prayer Connection page! God has answered so many prayers on our prayer site. From healed sickness, successful surgeries to a house being sold! I know that there are many more answers to prayer to come!

5. I am thankful for iced tea, americanos with cold cream, a good workout at the gym and for my group of kids in the Kid's Connection. They have giving hearts and great faith! They have recently adopted "Gary" at the local coffee shop to bless by buying him mochas (with their own money). They are already ministers of the Lord and I love that!

So like Rebekah, I double dog dare you to dedicate your Thursdays to being thankful! Make a joy journal! If you don't blog that's okay! You can be thankful on Facebook or in your own personal journal. It really helps you years later to read back on the blessings in our lives! I am super blessed and for that I am thankful. Thanks Rebekah!

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment