Tuesday, June 23, 2009

True Are His Promises...He Said So!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14 NKJ

When I was leading worship this week I was singing the song "Unchanging" one of the verses goes like this,"True are Your promises, true are Your promises, You never change, You never change O God."

I thought how very true that is! His promises never change. And then I thought about how grateful I was that God made me the way I am. I am so thankful that God made my husband the way he is too! I had to laugh...we have both said at different times that the reason we stayed married when we were young was because we were both so stubborn that we were determined to make the other one leave first! Then I got to thinking about how God really did create my husband and I, both, with a determined streak! And that very quality has kept us from giving up on the promises of God to be seen here in Burley, Idaho and in our lives. There have times when one of us has been down and wanted to throw in the towel but the other one was there to encourage and pray for one another. I am so thankful that I serve a God so great that He knew what character traits that I would need to pastor and to be determined to not give up on the promises He has given us! I am thankful that He gave me a determined mate not to give up on me or us!

Later in verse 16 it says that "in Your book they were written, the days fashioned for me. When as yet there were none of them." God knows what we face and He has equipped us! He has given us His Word and even blessed us with character traits or giftings to handle or finesse each and every situation. He never changes and that means I have to be the one to change. He is with us! He will walk with us. Not always do I understand everything but this I know...that He has a plan and He IS my hope! I love You Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment