Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Music and Friends

I am sitting here at my computer listening to some awesome music. For those of you who know me personally, you know that music permeates everything in my life! It has been that for as long as I can remember.

Smells take some people back to a memory, for me it is music. I was created for worship and because of that I have always had a love of music. Music of all kinds.

I remember singing my way through elementary, jr. high, and high school. Through good times and hard times. It marked a joyous occasion or it could bring comfort to my heart during rough times. I have some great friends that when we get together after all of these years we still like to sing together! Even on facebook when someone from high school types one line of a song that we sang thirty years ago, two or three of us will join in writing the next line. It just puts a smile on my face and places a song in my heart. In many ways it can make me feel young at heart just like it was yesterday. Many, many memories placed to beautiful music.

So today I am thankful for the gift of music. Hey if anyone from High School happens to read this, could you share a memory with me? Thanks!

My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Psalm 108:1 NIV


A Song On My Lips Always in Everything,

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment