Thursday, October 6, 2011

Worship!

For those of you who know me, you know that I LOVE to worship. I have had this love since I was tiny. I love to worship whenever and wherever I am. I know that I was created to worship without a shadow of doubt. There are many people out there with amazing voices and an abundant amount of talent, or as my friend Will would say, a gratuitous amount of talent, but without a heart of worship that talent is used as performance and not worship. There are countless performers in this world.

When I am leading worship with my worship team I would rather have someone who is just learning their instrument playing with a heart of worship than someone who is a professional and is just there for the performance. There is a huge difference when leading worship. You see, when you come before the Lord with a heart of worship, the other stuff will just fall in place and even if you mess up the Lord knows your heart and is pleased! But if there is no heart behind the worship then it is just songs and music. It may sound good but it is hollow, no depth. So when I am leading worship, I would take, what I call, a raggin muffin band anyday over the professional team. I am so proud of my worship team. We may not be trained professionals but we know how to worship the Lord our God.

Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! While I live I will praise the LORD; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! Psalm 146:1-2 NKJV

This is my declaration and prayer. That I will never lose the passion to worship my Lord as long as I live. A legacy of worship is what I desire to leave behind when I am gone.

Thankful to be chosen by Him,

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment