Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hakuna Matata

Last night I had the pleasure of going to watch the 3-D movie The Lion King. The best part is that when we got into the theater my youngest granddaughter Abbie had saved us two seats right beside her! Her excitement was so awesome! She was fanning herself in excitement. If you were to know Abbie you would know exactly what I mean. She has done this since she was an infant. She told me, "Grandma, hurry, you missed some of the best parts! The balls flew right out to me and I tried to catch them!" LOL I loved her exuberance.

The movie began. We both sat there side by side taking in all of the scenery. We would reach out to touch some of the grasses as they went by :)I had watched the Lion King the first time it came out in the movie theater 15+ years ago. I remember my husband and Pastor Darrell singing with the music and I was laughing because it was hysterical and embarrassing all at the same time.

Whenever something would happen, Abbie would lean over and whisper to me, preparing me for what was coming next. She, not realizing that I had seen it before. I loved every moment. I watched the Lion King in a whole new "light." At one point she pushed her little hand between our seats back to her mother asking specifically for two candies. Her mom placed two hot tamales in her little hand. Abbie then took one of the candies and placed it to my lips and smiled. I loved her act of sharing. At one point she leaned over and kissed my cheek. Once again my heart just swelled to another size bigger.

Scar was definitely the bad guy. When I watched Scar he depicted evil to me. Like the serpent in the Garden of Eden. He lied to the little male cub telling him that his Father gave him access to everything in the kingdom except the "really cool place" the elephant graveyard. Scar took a tiny bit of the truth and twisted it into a big old fat lie! Hoping that the end result would be to destroy the lion cub, the heir to the throne. He almost succeeded that time but Mufasa, the cub's Dad, was told that of Prince Simba's location and he jumped in and saved him and his friend from the hyenas.

How often do we believe the enemy's lies? More often than we would like to admit. He wants to destroy our relationship with the King (our father) and he wants to kill and or meme us. We need to be careful and stay close to our Father.

Back to the movie...Then the really sad and scary scene was about to happen. Abbie got up and sat in my lap reaching over to take her papa's hand. So very sweet. While watching the movie I enjoyed listening to my grown kids laugh out loud while sitting behind me. I enjoyed the tender love and joyous company of my youngest grandgirl sitting with me. I had memories return to me of watching the Lion King the first time with my kids while they were little. I am so very blessed. The movie seemed so very short this time. Simba lived and grew up to return and take the kingdom back from Scar. The pride lands returned back to its former beauty.

I can say that I enjoyed literally every single minute of the Lion King 3-D. If you haven't seen it I encourage you to go and watch it! If you have watched it a million times before I encourage you to go watch it again but with a child. Look at the movie through their eyes. I promise you that it will be even more exciting. Look at the characters...see if you see the love of the Father for his son. See if you see evil and how he tries to manipulate and destroy the new kingdom. And if you don't have a relationship with my Father...get one. He enjoys his kids even more than I enjoy mine :)

Hakuna Matata,

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment