Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Fun!

So, for today, how about a fun Christmas meme! Steal it! I stole it from my dear friend Rebekah at Mudane Musings who stole it from someone who stole it from someone else! But make sure that you leave me a comment so I can come read all your Christmas-y answers! I *LOVE* Christmastime and all the wonderfulness that it brings!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg Nog in a Chai Salted Carmel Latte!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Everything is wrapped! We take turns opening the gifts. I love to hear the squeals of delight as each one opens their gifts.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

White. We have white Icicles for outdoors (however we didn't hang them this year) and Our tree has white lights too!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Haven't for many years however I used to have a kissing ball that had some dangling from it but we have lost it in one of our moves :)

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Usually the Saturday following Thanksgiving but this year due to schedule conflicts it was a week late!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Prime Rib and Cheesecake! hmmmmm My husband is a great cook!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

The only year that I can remember all of my siblings being together for Christmas! It was exciting! And Santa came and left my gifts on the front porch!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I overheard someone talking about "him" in the kitchen.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We each open one gift and usually I get to choose which one that they open :)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

When we had kids at home we all did it together. This year my husband put up the tree and I decorated it!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

I love it for a few days and then I want spring to come early!

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes, but it has been years!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

My engagement ring first and then 29 years later my husband bought me another diamond ring! I love diamonds :)

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Family. I love it when all of my kids are home together and there is lots of noise. Ahh a wonderful type of chaos that only a parent can appreciate fully.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

My husband's cheesecake :) with a cup of coffee.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Hanging with my adult children, hearing them laugh together. The love that is expressed to one another. The opening of the stockings and another favorite is our Candlelight service on Christmas Eve. God is so good.

17. What tops your tree?

I have an angel topper that my dad bought for my mom on their first Christmas together. It is now 71 years old. I cherish it. One day it will go to my daughter, Amber.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

I like both but I really get excited to give more than to receive. Especially as I get older. The thrill of seeing others' faces light up with their gift is worth it all!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?

I love Candy Canes however I think that Bob's Candy canes are the BEST!

20. Favorite Christmas show?

ELF! Is my most favorite the second would have to be How Ernest Saves Christmas.

21. Saddest Christmas Song?

There should not be any sad songs at Christmas!Can you say Oxy moron?

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?

The Christmas Song, Silent Night and Who Would Imagine a King.

23. When do you open your Stockings?

On Christmas morning before the presents and breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment