Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Life Changing

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Phil. 4:6-9


I love this passage of scripture. I was excited to see it to be what I was scheduled to read today:) I especially love verse 9 where it says the things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Wow! Paul was tortured, beaten and held captive many times and he would and could still minister wherever he was at, at the moment! He still encouraged others! There have been many times where I have been crying in bed and would repeat to myself, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things are NOBLE, whatever things are JUST, whatever things are PURE, whatever things are LOVELY, whatever things are of GOOD REPORT and IF there is ANY VIRTUE and IF THERE IS ANYTHING PRAISEWORTHY...meditate on these things. I think that many times we (especially as women) get sidetracked by our circumstances instead of meditating on the things that are listed. We are emotional women! We tend to FEEL things but no matter HOW we FEEL the truth is we need to focus on Jesus! He is the truth, He is the way and the Light! The world would love to tell us things that are not true, the enemy would love to get us sidetracked and off kilter so that we forget the REAL focus! Jesus! The enemy would love for us to become embittered women instead of women who spend time with the Lord and spend time in WORSHIP!

I want to encourage you! If we read the Word and truly DWELL in His presence then we can speak and know the truth because we will have been soaked in the Word! We will have become steeped in the word just like a good tea bag :) Then when we are having a bad day or the enemy tries to whisper a lie we can say, "NO. The Word of God says, "No weapon formed against me will prosper!" or the word of God says, I am a daughter of the King! The Word of God says that He is my provider! He won't give me a snake when I ask for a loaf of bread :) (my own personal translation!)

If you do not have a daily time to spend in the Word of God I would encourage you to make time. It is so important to dwell in the Word. The only way to know the Word is to spend time in it. It is a process. It doesn't happen overnight, by osmosis, by going to church for one hour a week or because your grandma was a great Christian. The Word of God will equip you to handle any situation that arises. The Word of God comforts you, gives you direction, and solutions that you would never think of on your own. I promise you that the benefits are amazing! If you are the type of person who has a hard time remembering or understanding what you just read then pray and ask Jesus to help you. I was that type of person. By spending time reading the Word of God daily it literally washes you. You will be transformed into a new creation...His creation! You will think more rationally, because you are equipped. You will have peace! This will be life changing for you. It has been life changing for me.

The best part is that it really is a "One SIze FIts All!" It applies to everyone, everywhere.

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment