Thursday, January 17, 2013

No One Knows!

Remember when Jesus was supposed to come back last year? Remember when the end of the world was going to happen in December of 2012?  I never get too stirred up over these predictions. Why? Simple! Jesus told us that:

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

I am confident that if Jesus said that no one knows only His Dad knows then NO ONE KNOWS! The Word of God is true. So if Jesus clued us in on that I doubt that some self proclaimed prophet, who has missed the date before, is going to know before the angels of heavens knows ;)

But this I do know...we need to be ready for when He does come! Jesus will come one day and I want to be ready. I want everyone I know to be ready!

So when you hear people telling you that Jesus is coming back next Friday at 3:16 don't worry! But be ready for when he does come! I am thinking that God likes surprises :) And that will be one party that I won't want to miss!

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment