Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kid's Night

Tonight I taught on Jacob and Essau. We shared how they both made wrong choices and their parents made wrong choices too. We talked about the birthright that Essau gave up for a bowl of stew and a piece of bread. I had some pieces of "fur" to explain how Jacob and his mama used to trick or fool the Dad (Issac) into giving Jacob his brother's blessing. When I was telling my story (with many helpful interruptions and input)I got to the part where Isaac and Essau both realized that Jacob had deceived them into stealing his blessing and I was telling the kids that I'm sure that Issac was crying and Essau was crying...I looked out at all of the kids and saw Hannah's eyes tearing up. Such compassion...I almost cried. I finished the story and told them at how blessed we are that once we accept Christ that we have a Father who doesn't play favorites! He loves us all and He desires to bless us all! We all have our own identity in Christ. He is our inheritance! We get to spend eternity with Him! How exciting!

We finished the night with our craft. Each of the kids had a little notebook and I had them each put their fingerprints on each page. They had the choice or black or green ink. I explained how everyone had their own fingerprint and that Jesus had made each one of them as an individual that He loves so very much! They then made fun little people or creatures out of their fingerprints!

Then when I drove home I pulled into our driveway and turned off our car. On the radio the song "Your Love O Lord" came on. I got to sit there and listen and worship the entire song. It was so great. I love that song.
Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings.
I am so thankful that with all of the injustices of the world that we serve a faithful God. He is the hope of all generations, from babies to the elderly across all barriers.

I am so thankful that I get to teach our kids every other week. I am so thankful that I serve such a great and compassionate God. I am thankful for hope.

Have a wonderful night!

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment