Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Looking for Eagles

Today I had the pleasure of working in the "field" at work. We drove a particular route and counted Eagles. Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles. While counting these majestic birds we also kept track of the number of a few other birds such as ravens, magpies to name a few.

Before I actually spotted my first official eagle sighting, I would look at these cool hawks and say, "Look there is a big boy!" And the wildlife biologist would say, "No that is a such and such hawk." Disappointed I would keep looking. Then I finally saw "him." He was a BIG BOY! LOL I would never mistake a hawk (unless it was at a great distance) for an eagle again! They almost missed him! I was the one who saw him! He was HUGE! I don't know how they didn't see him! Then my boss said something that was true but stood out to me. He said, "You won't see them unless you are looking for them."

Hmmmm...it is kind of that way with God. He is always there. There are days that He is right there and you see Him right in front of you. There are other days that you have to "look for Him" in order to see Him or what He is doing in your life.

While staring at these amazing birds through my binoculars I had a hard time not breaking into worship with song! LOL I am sure that the three men that I was with would have appreciated that! Instead I hummed quietly to myself and had a nice talk with God.

God is so awesome. He created everyone of those beautiful species. He designed their coloring and markings. He taught them how to hunt,fish and soar. It truly is breath taking. I thought of the scripture that says, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Lord help me to always look for You all of the time. At all times and everywhere. Help me to remember to wait on You. Thank you for renewing our strength so that I will not grow weary. You are awesome.

Love,

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment