Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yeah!!!

Well, today we had an awesome Easter service. We had great worship, message, then baptism. We had ten people get baptized!

I have to tell you about some of the people who got baptized. One young man who asked to be baptized had told me earlier that until recently he thought that getting baptized was just a christian tradition. He realized that it was an act of obedience. He desired to get baptized! I am excited because I know that God is working in his life.

One of the little girls just recently accepted Jesus as her Savior. It was during our Heart of Worship service. When we opened up time for prayer she came forward and said that she wanted to accept Jesus! I was so excited! BTW her parents just recently rededicated their lives to the Lord. Her dad, mom and sister were also baptized today!

Two of the young boys baptized today I have had the privilege of knowing since birth. Alex and Gabriel already have a strong foundation in Jesus.

My daughter-in-law chose to be baptized today. She is an awesome example of Jesus. She loves Him so very much and it shines like the stars in my girl....

For every person who was baptized today there is a great testimony. For that I am thankful.

Then after service was the big Easter Egg Hunt! Wow were there a lot of eggs to gather! The kids made out like bandits! I saw several with bags of eggs and candy! Then we were off to the fellowship hall for food and fellowship.

I am so thankful for my church family. I am thankful that Jesus died so that we can live. Enjoy.

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment