Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Struck Gold!

Hello! Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged. My life has been very full and blessed.

Today I want to talk about gold. Gold has been a valuable and highly sought-after precious metal for coinage, jewelry, and other arts since long before the beginning of recorded history. The Bible has many references to gold.

The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, And a man is valued by what others say of him. Prov. 27:21

Today I am going to talk about the recent deposit of gold that we found. Actually I knew it was there all of the time but I had the chance to see some refining of that very deposit of gold this past weekend. The treasure I am talking about is our youth group, The Stand(ers) at the Bridge. I had the opportunity to go to their youth retreat at the Oregon Coast this last weekend. Let me tell you (just in case you didn't know), our youth ROCKS!

I saw a body of young believers worship together in the presence of God the way I would like to see our whole church worship! I got to worship with them! It reminds me of the song Hosanna (by Hillsong United, the second verse, "I see a generation rising up to take their place with selfless faith, with selfless faith." I am so excited to see our youth press into a realtionship with God that is not just a surface relationship but a deep relationship. I am so excited because we have a great deposit of gold in our body that is dispersed in our church, community and schools. They are leaders. They will rise up and take their place. I am so thankful for them.

1Ti 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Hang in there,
The Stand(ers). You will win the race. And I will say that you are an awesome group of young men and women. I am so grateful that you are part of our church. I would stand and serve beside you anyday of the week. Thank you for letting me come and serve you this weekend.

Let me finish with this. And to the general people, value our youth, invest in our youth. Your investment will never go wrong when you invest in gold :)

Shanin

No comments:

Post a Comment