Thursday, March 19, 2009

Feeding On His Faithfulness

1 Do not fret because of evildoers,Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD,Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. 7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;Do not fret—it only causes harm. Psalm 37:1-8 NKJ


First of all if you are reading this I would encourage you to read the whole chapter of Psalm 37. It is an awesome chapter!

I would like to testify how I have seen this at work in my life! I have seen evil people who lied and plotted against my family come to nothing because God took care of us. We had to commit our actions and our life to the Lord because in the world's eyes there was no way out. But I am here to say that I saw God take what looked like impossible circumstances and turn them around without us slinging mud! He defended us! We had no other choice but to rest in the Lord. Fretting and worrying wouldn't get us anywhere but perhaps crazy! Truth prevailed! It wasn't overnight but God did bring the truth.

After the victory we had to make a choice not to be angry and allow bitterness to take root in our lives over this betrayal. It wasn't easy because you would think that you were making progress and then I would hear the anger in my voice when I spoke of the incident. Then I would release it to the Lord and will forgiveness again. When you forgive it allows healing and it allows God to deal with the situation because you aren't in the way!It is an ongoing process.

I can hardly wait until one day when I get to see how God finishes and finesses the details of this part of our lives. I know that there is more to come because I am just seeing the tip of victory. God will complete the work that He started! And when He does I will share it with you!

I am so glad that I serve such a mighty God. Thank You Lord for defending us and bringing the truth to light. Thank You for giving us Your promises and thank You for seeing them through. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment