Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love Is...

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud.5 Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done. 6 Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth. 7 Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always endures. I Cor 13:4-7 NCV

What the world views as love and what the Word says is love is vastly different. In the world you can fall in and out of love so easily...if you "aren't happy" then bail. Here it says that love is not selfish. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done, ouch that one hurts! There have been times when I have been guilty of this...not proud of it but it is the truth.

I am thankful that God loves this way instead of the world's way. I am so thankful that Jesus loves me and doesn't keep track of when I mess us...I am so glad that He doesn't want our relationship to be "even and fair." He loves me right where I am.

Jesus please help me to love the way You love. Help me to see people through Your eyes. Give me compassion, help me to be righteous. Thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment