Monday, March 30, 2009

You Are An Important Part of the Team!

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
I Cor 12:15-19

I had read this passage in my devotions a few days ago. I was mulling it over in my mind and when I was worshipping on Sunday with my worship team I thought of it in a different light. I was thinking during practice that I was sure glad that Churba was back this Sunday. Churba plays the percussion. He had been sick the Sunday before. His instruments are the "pretty parts" of our team. When He is gone we still function but it really leaves "holes" in our worship. It is the same when one of our singers are gone or when the guitar is gone or the drums...we are a team! When one of us is gone there is a hole, plain and simple.

It is the same with the body of Christ. We all play an important part! When one of us is missing we can still function but it isn't the same! Something important is missing! God gave us each special gifting that complements each other. Do not let the enemy convince you otherwise! You have an important place in the Kingdom of God. When you let the enemy place bitterness or offense or anything that keeps you from fellowship you are cheating yourself and others. You count!

So today I am here to affirm your ministry. Whether it is serving in the kitchen or cleaning the church or praying or giving a comforting word or preaching the sermon you have an important part to play. Please be a team player for God! We count on you!

Let me end with this example of ministry.

Hannah ran up to a friend of mine who has only come a few times and hugged her and told her that she missed her! My friend later told me how much that meant to her and made her feel so loved. Hannah is five and she ministered that day in a very important way! If Hannah can minister to someone so can you and you might not even know how important something you might not even consider to be ministry can effect others!

No comments:

Post a Comment