Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Big Faith and Prayers from Little Girls

I have two grandgirls and they are very different from each other! They are sisters, they don't look a like and they don't act a like but boy do they love each other. For example the other night my daughter fixed salmon for dinner. One "lubs salmon" and the other one opted for peanut butter and jelly.

Well a few weeks ago our family went to a huge Christmas light display that usually has this big long haired camel named Bull. He is humongous and such a big baby...so friendly and the highlight of our annual excursion to this display. Well we had heard that Bull was sick and sure enough there was a picture of bull on his pen that said that Bull was sick. My older grandgirl stood very soberly at the pen and was very concerned for Bull. She said, "Grandma, Bull won't die will he? Can we pray for him?" My other grandgirl walked up to the pen and said, "Yup, he's gonna be dead! He's gonna die." Now if I hadn't of felt so much compassion for the one I would have laughed out loud but she was near tears. So all of our family stood there (eleven of us) and prayed for Bull out loud.

Well, when it was time for us to leave the grandgirls rode with us in our vehicle. They both decided to pray for Bull again. The girls prayed for Bull for at least a good fifteen to twenty minutes on the way home. To quote my husband, "I'm betting on the camel to live!" I have to agree...God listens to little girls who are concerned for camels. For that I am thankful today. I am thankful for two very different little girls who love each other and most of all, who know how to pray! They may be different but they can agree in prayer at the young age of five and three. I am thankful for a God that is so big that He cares for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment