Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just A Spoonful of Sugar...

My kids and husband have accused me of being Mary Poppins so I thought that this title would be appropriate.

A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, And a word [spoken] in due season, how good [it is]! Proverbs 15:23

My mama used to say, "You can draw more flies by honey than vinegar."

How true this is. When I was younger I didn't weigh the words that came out of my mouth. I cringe at the way I have sounded at times or how I have come across. There were some days that I hurt someones feelings and did not even have a clue. You can say the exact same words and have two totally different outcomes by simply changing the way you say them.

I desire to speak life and healing to people's hearts and lives. How do you do that? First of all it really helps if you have a steady diet of the Word and pray! Second of all it helps if sometimes you stop and count to ten before you respond or answer. Now this one I still have to work on sometimes! And the really hard one is, when in doubt just don't say anything!

There is nothing more rewarding than to be able to say something and find out that it ministered to them or that it was confirmation of something the Lord was speaking to their heart. Prov. 25:11 says that A word fitly spoken [is like] apples of gold In settings of silver. (NKJ)

Let me leave you with this :Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment