Saturday, February 28, 2009

Amazing Love....

One night a few years ago I was on my way to watch a football game. It was out of town and I was in a hurry to get on the road. Well, right before I left I heard the Lord tell me to take a couple of IB Profen with me. I asked Him, "Am I going to get a headache God? Because if I am I can just pray for that right now." Again I just felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to bring some IB Profen.

Now I have to be honest with you...there are times when I hear something and I just think, "Oh I am just making that up in my head" but over time I have learned to listen and step out in obediance. So I stopped on my way out the door and grabbed two or three IB Profen and placed them in my pocket.

Now when I got to the game I saw one of my co-worker's and friend who was there to watch the game too so I walked up to Him and asked, "Hey, Tab, do you have a headache?" He looked at me and said, "No, why?" I explained to him that the Lord told me to bring some to the game so I was looking for who might need it! He looked at me and smiled and shook his head and kind of laughed...but he knew me and the Lord so that was fine.

Well, at half time one of the football players came back onto the field and ran up to the grandstands and yelled, "Does anybody have any IB Profen?" I jumped right up and yelled, "Yes, I do!!!!" He gladly took the IB Profen. I turned and smiled at Tab! He laughed and shook his head again. I was so happy that I had listened to God. He used me!

I knew this young man. I love this young man like he is one of my sons. I was talking to the Lord afterwards about the whole event and this is what the Lord said to me, "I love this young man even though he doesn't know Me.I knew that he would have a headache and I love him so much that I didn't want him to hurt so I had you bring the IB Profen"

I cried. Jesus loved him so much that He had me bring IB Profen for a young man that doesn't even know who He is. How awesome is that?

I am so thankful that I listened and just didn't shrug it off. I still love this young man. I pray for him often. My desire is for him to one day meet my Savior and make Him Lord of his life too.

I wonder how often God does these "little things" for us? You see in many ways I was blessed even more than the young man because God allowed me to be used in a small way but at the same time it was a huge way(at least to me). It truly blessed me. God loves us so very much that He doesn't even want us to hurt...amazing...amazing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment