Saturday, May 30, 2009

Constructive or Destructive?

1 The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish pulls it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1


This is so true! When I was younger I worked hard to "build" my house but then I would "pull it down" with my mouth in a matter of moments. Everything that I would work for would be undone!

Words and actions are so important. How do you treat your husband? Do you respect him? I have friends that really do respect their husbands and you can tell by their actions and words. Then I have friends who say they do but then they go do things that say the very opposite. They will say mean things or degrading things about their husbands or talk down to their husbands. It is so sad to witness. I can't even imagine being the person at the opposite end.

I am so blessed to be married to a wonderful husband! Is he perfect? No, he is human but he treats me like a queen and I love treating him like a king! Has it always been that way? No, but over time we worked together to improve our marriage and to grow together in Jesus. The biggest change happened when I stopped concentrating on the wrong things that he did or looking at the things that he needed to fix and just looked at fixing me. I know...you might be thinking, well, you don't know my husband! You're right, I don't, but I do know that there is no way that you are perfect either and when you work at fixing you and step out of the way then God can work on his heart. Please understand that this no way is meant for cases of infedelity or abuse. If that is happening go get help! Jesus would never want you to take abuse!

May I suggest if you are in a hard place in your marriage...pray! Pray for your husband and pray for God to change what is needed in you. When you start having a hard time with your mouth...pray! And then pray again! It will make a difference. Look for a way to treat him the way you would like to be treated. After time it will pay off! If you love him and treat him with respect he will desire to treat you the same way. Think about how you sound...how you act...it will take some time to change things but with prayer and action things will change.

Before you speak, stop and think...is this going to help me build my house up or will it tear it down? Be wise and build your home up! Don't be foolish and undo everything you have worked on in a matter of moments with a few words out of frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment