Monday, May 18, 2009

Fruity Pebbles

For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. Luke 6:44

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. I Peter 2:4-5


I have decided that fruity pebbles isn't such a bad name! We as Christians are living stones and we are to bear fruit. We aren't the big cornerstone because that is Jesus. We are to be like Christ and we are being built up together!

So what kind of fruit do you bear? Good fruit or bad fruit? Everyone bears fruit. What kind of stone are you? Are you a stepping stone? Do you have rough edges that need smoothing or polishing? Are you a "chip off the ol' block?" I certainly hope to be. I want to look like Jesus and I want to be very fruitful bearing good fruit for Him. I desire to be used by Jesus. I want to lead others to Him....even if they think of me as "fruity pebbles"

No comments:

Post a Comment