Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Prospecting for Gold!

Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:17-18 NKJ


I love this because Jesus was and is a gold prospector. He looks past the person's appearance and into the heart. He sees things that we often overlook. He saw that this Simon had gold nuggets lying below the surface! He renamed Simon, Peter or Cephas...the rock! He saw things that others didn't see...He saw the potential, the gold.

We need to look beyond the surface in people. We need to look deeper and see what potential lies waiting to be developed or discovered. We need to pray and ask God to show us! We need to prospect for gold!

How many "Peters" are there out there waiting to be discovered and used for the ministry? I am so glad that God looked beyond my surface and saw something of value inside of me.

Lord Jesus, help me to look beyond the outside or the appearance of people. Help me to see what You see. Help me to help others find You. Refine us.

No comments:

Post a Comment