Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Revealer of Secrets

Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him. Daniel 2:20-22 NKJ

One day I was reading this portion of scripture for my devotions and I thought to myself and prayed to the Lord, "God, I have seen you do many things. I have seen provision in miraculous ways and I have seen Your hand heal people but I want You to reveal secrets to me." I didn't think anymore about it until later that morning my daughter called me. She told me that my granddaughter had been having absolutely terrible breath. Immediately a thought flashed through my mind, "She has something stuck up her nose!" I told my daughter that I thought that the Lord told me that she had something stuck up her nose. My daughter started laughing...I said, "I'm serious!"

She laughed and said, "Oh, I know you are serious and I believe you but that is funny!" She immediately called the doctor and made an appointment. When she got there she told the doctor that her daughter had horrible breath and they had brushed her teeth and everything but it was still horrible and she believed that she had something stuck up her nose!

Sure enough he was able to pull something gross out of her nose. He then said, "I want to know how you knew that. I have to pull something out of some kid's nose every week but you are the first person who ever knew what was wrong! Most people just bring in their kids because they think that they are sick or they can't stand their breath any longer."

She told him that her mother told her...LOL. Not how I knew...

I was so excited because God answered my prayer. He revealed a secret to me! I certainly would have never thought of that on my own! Like Daniel, I serve a God who is the revealer of secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment